About Discovery Point
Discovery Point is home to RRS Discovery – Made in Dundee | Designed for Adventure.
This award-winning visitor attraction tells the story of Discovery from her beginnings in Dundee, her amazing Antarctic expedition with Captain Scott and her voyages thereafter.
What you will see
Follow in the footsteps of Captain Scott and his heroic team at Discovery Point!
Find out about the Heroes of the Ice who braved the harsh conditions of the Antarctic and hear their stories first hand.
As you explore the self-led museum at your own pace you will:
- Enter the shipyard and find out how and why Discovery was built
- Learn about the first voyage of Discovery to the most inhospitable place on the earth
- Walk in the footsteps of Heroes and climb aboard one of the most incredible ships ever built
- Find out about ‘Scott of the Antarctic’ and explore the crews quarters and the Officers Wardroom
- Discover more about the ships voyages and journeys after The Discovery Expedition
Discovery Point is a fully Accredited museum with Recognised collections of National Significance, has won numerous awards and is a 5-star accredited Visitor Attraction with VisitScotland. RRS Discovery is listed on the UK Core Collections of important vessels drawn up by the National Historic Ships Committee, the only scientific vessel on the list.